Heel Remedy Dosages for Horses
Heel Remedies Dosages for Horses
Below we have outlined the dosages for Heel Remedies for horses.
This is a general guide on dosages for the different types of formulations these remedies come in.
(NB For stubborn conditions treatments can / may need to be treated for 3 - 6 months until fully recovered.)
- The normal dose would be 2 times a day, 6 tablets. So a total of 12 tablets a day.
- Acute Dose - 3 times per day, take 6 to 10 tablets per dose.
I.e. if you give the tablets 3 times per day, and give them the max dose, this will be a total of 30 tablets per day.
If symptoms aren’t responding, then this is another reason to try a higher dose.
Use a higher dose with acute conditions.
- The normal dosage is 5ml - 10ml per dose - 2-3 times per week.
- Severe cases - 5 - 10ml per dose several times a day until there is improvement.
- 20 – 30 drops - 2 – 3 times per day,
Gel / Ointment Dosage
Use the Gel / Ointment to reinforce your oral / injection treatment. Can be applied to the affected area multiple times daily.