• Inflammation is a complex, multifactorial process, which is essential to tissue repair, e.g. after muscle or joint injury. However, excessive inflammation can cause pain and be detrimental to recovery.
• Cytokines serving as messenger signals within the immune system of the body can either increase (pro-inflammatory cytokines) or reduce (anti-inflammatory cytokines) inflammation.
• Imbalance of pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines can lead to excessive and prolonged inflammation and pain.
• Traumeel® restores the balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine activity.
Traumeel® has proven ability to relieve pain and inflammation
According to controlled clinical trials, Traumeel® can reduce pain and inflammation of different causes and at different sites in the body, for instance:
Acute ankle sprain
A recent large-scale study has shown that Traumeel® cream & gel was as effective as diclofenac in pain reduction and functional improvement in the treatment of acute ankle sprains.1 Compared with a placebo, Traumeel® cream was an effective treatment for activity-related ankle sprains, significantly improving mobility and reducing pain.2
Acute musculoskeletal injury
Compared with a placebo, Traumeel® cream was significantly more effective in restoring muscle function and reducing pain from musculoskeletal injuries.3
Compared with diclofenac (an NSAID), Traumeel® cream reduced pain and achieved a significantly faster return to normal activities.4
“When you have overdone it”
This booklet explains the most common musculoskeletal disorders resulting from injuries, inflammations and flares caused by rheumatic diseases. Furthermore, it provides you with recommendations on how to prevent these disorders and what to do if they occur. These recommendations include the natural treatment with Traumeel®.
Read more with Traumeel Monograph here:Traumeel Monograph PDF
Our entire range of Traumeel products is available here online:
- C. González de Vega, C. Speed, B. Wolfarth, J. González. Traumeel vs. diclofenac for reducing pain and improving ankle mobility after acute ankle sprain:A multicentre, randomised, blinded, controlled and non-inferiority trial. Int J ClinPract. 2013. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12219.
- Zell J, Connert WD, Mau J, Feuerstake G. Behandlung von akuten Sprunggelenksdistorsionen: Doppelblindstudie zum Wirksamkeitsnachweis eines homöopathischen Salbenpräparats [Treatment of Acute Sprains of the Ankle: A Controlled Double-Blind Trial Test the Effectiveness of a Homeopathic Preparation]. Fortschr Med. 1988; 106(5): 96-100. (English translation available in: BiolTher. 1989;VII(1):1-6).
- Böhmer D, Ambrus P. Behandlung von Sportverletzungen mit Traumeel-Salbe – Kontrollierte Doppelblindstudie [Treatment of Sports Injuries with Traumeel Ointment: A Controlled Double-Blind Study]. Biologische Medizin. 1992;XXI(4):260-268. (English translation available in: BiolTher. 1992;X(4):290-300).
- Orizola AJ, Vargas F. The Efficacy of Traumeel® Versus Diclofenac and Placebo Ointment in Tendinous Pain in Elite Athletes. A Randomized Controlled Trial. Med Sci Sports Med Exerc. 2007;39(5,Suppl.): S79, abstract 858.